Do You Know Your Rights In Divorce?
Whether you are considering divorce, or have already begun the divorce process, it is vital that you fully understand your rights. The decisions that are made regarding important issues such as child custody or spousal support will have a great impact on your future, as well as the futures of your children.
At The Johnson Law Firm, LLC, we understand that you are going through a difficult time. We strive to be an advocate for you and your goals. With understanding and compassion, we will represent your legal matter from beginning to end. To schedule a consultation in our St. Charles office, contact us online or call us at 877-244-1187.
We Handle Every Aspect Of Divorces
The divorce process is complex. There are often many elements for the parties to consider. Our attorneys have experience representing clients in the following family law matters:
- Property distribution: Considered an “equitable distribution” state, marital property in Missouri is divided in a fair, but not necessarily equal manner.
- Child custody: Custody is determined by considering the best interests of the child, and may be classified as sole or joint, legal or physical custody.
- Child support: Missouri law regulates child support determinations and considers factors such as the number of children, the amount of time the children spend with each spouse and income.
- Spousal support: Maintenance is usually awarded based upon one party’s financial needs and the other party’s financial ability to pay.
- Paternity: Paternity must be established before a father can obtain legal rights to his child.
Missouri is a “modified no-fault” state. This means that in order to file for divorce, the parties may cite irreconcilable differences. However, issues such as domestic violence or infidelity are considered by the courts when determining property division or spousal support.
Get Legal Help During Trying Times
If you are considering divorce, or have a question regarding your child’s right to child support, contact us. We serve families across Missouri.